Saturday, June 29, 2013

Shaky Bones

As I went for a walk this evening, I watched the sunset all around me. Blue skies gone pink and orange with a hint of purple peeking through. Walking, I chatted at the sky. More like to the Lord. The thing about the sky setting at night is that that is its purpose in life. The sun will always rise, whether you see it or not. It will make its mark on the sky and in return the sky will portray various colors throughout the day. 

That is its purpose. 


Sometimes, I'm completely clueless about what my purpose is in life. It's a mystery that I can't seem to solve. Most times, I feel like a nomad roaming on this place called earth. I bounce back and forth from one thing to another without ever feeling as if that's what I'm really called to do. I think I'm at a crossroad; yet, I stand before hundreds of roads it feels like without any sort of direction. I pray for direction with no clear understanding of the Lord or my ears miss his small gentle voice. I live in confusion most times...

In doubt and confusion, I feel like I'm flawed. I see so many of my friends around me following their calling as I sit, continuing to wait. I can't help to think that I missed something.

I recently was married to the most amazing person on the entire planet, if I must say so myself. This man brings me joy and happiness. He understands me like no other person I've known. To be his wife is an honor. 

This is my purpose: to love him until death does us part. 

But it is not my only purpose and it is not my identity.

When these thoughts rush endlessly through my mind and begin to captivate my heart, I'm reminded of these scriptures:

"...the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not." Romans 4:17

"We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." 2 Corinthians 5:20

"We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf..." Hebrews 6:19

"No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us." 1 John 4:12

I must remind my heart always of my true purpose in life. Whether living in a jungle, a third world country, or in my American home. My purpose is the same.

To bring life to the dead.

My purpose is to take the light of Christ to those who have fallen asleep. To wake the dead soul and bring it to Christ. 

This is my purpose in life. I don't necessarily have a specific calling on earth. But I know that even in my searching of what my calling is before going home, that I have been called to life so that I may bring life to others.

Let us shine forth into a dark, dark world.






No comments:

Post a Comment