Friday, November 11, 2016

When Love Seems Lost

I sit here paralyzed with my emotions. Fear, confusion, raw tears fall. My heart is breaking. My heart does not understand. Why is everyday a battle? 

Why does Love not seem to always conquer?

This election season has taken a toll on not just me but our country as a whole. I am not a political person but I am wrapped up in the emotions in the after math. I do not even talk about politics or understand everything going on in them at times. But people are scared. People are hiding. People are literally afraid for their lives. When did this become the norm for our country? I've had to stop myself from looking at hundreds of posts revealing the catastrophic events that have happened before and after the election of Donald Trump as the 45th president of the United States. 

Why does Love seem to be hiding?

What I can't wrap my mind around is the fact that, based on who you voted for this year, determines your safety. I watched a video of an older man literally being beaten up by several African American young people because he voted for D. Trump and threatened to steal his car by almost driving off. 

Where are you Love?

I think many are questioning what are we suppose to do next. What are we as the Church suppose to do in light of this situation in front of us. Are we suppose to fight for justice for the persecuted or are we suppose to back down for fear of being persecuted ourselves? Do we stand with our brothers and sisters of different races, ethnicities, genders, religions, or sexual orientations who are different than us? Oh please yes God may we stand with them. But what happens if we are persecuted along with them?

We fight.

And he opened his mouth and taught them, saying:
“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.  Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
As much as I want to hide in fear, I want more to stand with the weak. To be Jesus to those hurting. To those who have to fear their life. To those who are being persecuted. We have a responsibility to be the Church that Jesus desires for us to be. Love is not hiding: it is living inside of us. We must go and show the world that we are standing with them and for them. Love will conquer in the end. 
Even if it seems to be lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment